You can find us at 13 Fitzroy place in Glasgow city, a short distance from Ilbrox Football Satdium. We provide high quality healthcare staff to towns and cities within Glasgow, Renfrewshire and the Western Scottish islands, from Campbeltown to Oban.
We are looking for people like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Paisley, Renfrew, Carntyne, Inverclyde and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will care and support our service users with variety of important life-enhancing tasks. These will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
This innovative feature allows you to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.37/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible full time and part time hours
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What do I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Develop your skill set!
With Newcross, you will enjoy having exclusive access to a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Opportunities are available for successful applicants to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in anyway.