Become an invaluable member of our care team
Newcross Healthcare are searching for seasoned Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users across Penzance, St Ives, Hayle, St Erth and the local surrounds.
Our Truro team are based in Lemon Street, close to Truro Cathedral and only a short distance from Truro train station.
The Care Role
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service users, helping with their clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services to enable dignified and independent living.
In order to be successful in this role, you must be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those in your care.
This role will also give you great opportunities to develop your skill set with a variety of training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
Benefits for you:
- Salary of up to £14.25/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Flexi Pay - submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day
Our Essential Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Referee contacts to validate your previous clinical experience
- You will need access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage and submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but is not mandatory
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.