Join us today!
With Newcross Healthcare, you'll benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, the ability to choose your own hours and a variety of training programmes earned through credits as you work.
We are currently looking to fill a Healthcare Assistant role, to work in Royston and the surrounding local areas.
Providing person-centred care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
The branch is based at the Business and Technology Centre on Bessemer Drive, a short walk from the nearby train station and just off the A1.
The home of Vincent Motorcycles who built the first superbike which was the fastest bike in the world from 1948-1955.
What you'll need:
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
* A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
* You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
What we'll offer you:
* Competitive salary of up to £12.74/hr including holiday pay
* Employee discount sheme offering 80,000 discounts at over 80 high street stores
* Video interviewing technology so you can attend your interview at home
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Free ongoing training and development
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Choose when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm to the HealthForceGo® app and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours, (includes weekends and Bank Holidays).
Newcross is one of the UK's leading providers of specialist clinical training. Every month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.