Ongoing training and support, same day pay and flexible hours!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to care for our clients living in Rugby
What does a healthcare assistant do?
As a Care Assistant you will be looking after the physical comfort of our residents, recording basic observations, helping with personal care and and supporting them with social activities.
Newcross carers do as much as they can to ensure the service user in their care is leading a full and happy life.
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Benefit from our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
This is a great opportunity for you to expand your skill set with our comprehensive training courses which you can earn through credits as you work.
Choose between: Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
You will also have the chance to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Our Coventry branch is located in the Cobalt Centre on Middlemarch Business Park near the Airport. We cover a wide range of areas in the West Midlands such as Solihull, Nuneaton, Rugby and Stratford-upon-Avon.
Apply now to find out more!
What to do next?
Just submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
We give you the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.