Do you have a passion for care?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking supportive Care Assistants to join our team in Saltash, Plymouth, Callington and the surrounding area.
Your role will be varied and will range from clinical care to wider emotional and social support.
What's the role?
As a Care Assistant you'll assist elderly, recovering, or disabled patients during their daily activities whilst encouraging and helping them to have a happy and dignified living.
You will also be in contact with families of clients, keeping them always updated about the client's condition and progress.
What can we offer you?
- Salary of up to £14.11/hr including holiday pay
Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Free Ongoing training and development
24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
And more advantages!
* You will have access to Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, which will allow you to choose your own hours via our app feature HealthForceGo.
* Perks at Work - access to 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Our free training courses
With us, you'll be able to earn training credits while you work and use them to study our amazing training courses! This courses will help you to expand your skill set and grow in your career.
These courses include: End of Life Care, Epilepsy Awareness, Safeguarding Adults and many more!
Our Plymouth branch is located on the south Devon coast and provides the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.