Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
We are searching for Care Assistants to care for our service users living in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Saltash, Plymouth, Callington and the surrounds.
What are we looking for?
Newcross are looking for Care Assistants with experience in a care environment and offering exceptional support to others.
Our successful candidates will have daily tasks such as:
- Managing client's care logs and medical requirements
- Helping with personal care activities such as washing and dressing
- Assisting with physical and mental stimulation and taking part in social activities
Which benefits will you get?
- Salary of up to £13.83/hr including holiday pay
Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Free Ongoing training and development
24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Which requirement do we ask for?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
With our Flexi Pay service, you'll have the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our scheme Perks at Work will give you access to 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers.
We want our staff to expand their skills and grow in their career with us, that's why we offer between 150 and 200 free courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants which they can earn through credits as they work.
Our Plymouth branch is located on the south Devon coast and provides the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.