Care Assistant: Senior HCA Shifts
We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Working as a care assistant, you'll have the power to change lives by delivering exceptional care and support across Hamilton, Coatbridge, Wishaw, Blantyre and the surrounding local areas of South Lanarkshire.
* Flexi Pay enables our healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Perks at Work you will benefit from 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers
What are we looking for?
Newcross Healthcare are seeking Care Assistants & Senior Care Assistants to provide excellent care and support to our service users with their daily activities.
Our ideal Carer will be a kind and compassionate professional who is able to provide personal assistance to our users whilst allowing them to live the life they wish to lead.
You will meet these requirements:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
- SVQ3 in Health and Social Care with medication certificate to take Senior HCA shifts
Working with Newcross you will have the opportunity to broaden your skill set with our free training programmes which you can earned through credits as you work.
We offer these courses: BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Basic Life Support and many more.
Benefit with us:
Salary of up to £12.37/hr for Healthcare Assistant shifts
Salary of up to £17.32/hr for Senior Healthcare Assistant shifts
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!