Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
Our Exeter branch are located in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station
Newcross healthcare are seeking professional Care Assistants to provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users living within Sidmouth, Seaton, Axminster, Ottery St Mary and the surrounding local areas.
With Newcross, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of a healthy work-life balance.
The Care Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with their development
- Build strong relationships with service users, family members and encourage new friendships
- Encourage integration and participation within the local community
- Any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £14.22 per hour including holiday pay
- Perks at Work, access 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay! Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Learning at Newcross
This position will give you the opportunity to enhance your skill set with a variety of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care plus more.
You could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a similar care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Click the button to Apply
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881.
We now have the option to interview via video calling - this way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.