We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross healthcare are searching for dedicated Care Assistants to join us in delivering expert care and support to our service users living across Sidmouth, Seaton, Axminster, Ottery St Mary and the surrounds.
Meet the Team
Our Exeter branch works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of Nurses and Care Workers to assist those in need of outstanding care and support.
The team are based at Sandpiper Court, close to the Pinhoe train station.
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling our service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a similar care role in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £14.22 per hour including holiday pay
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your commitments
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will also benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day.
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to develop their current skill set with a variety of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
Start your application today!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.