Care Assistant / Support Worker
Make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants & Support Workers to work in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham and Brundall.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will care and support our service users with various tasks and requirements. Tasks that you will assist with include personal care, clinical needs or requirements, social activities and any additional services needed or required.
As a Support Worker, you will provide person-centred care and support to our service users with various life-enhancing tasks. These will include supporting the development of new skills, assisting with personal care tasks, aid with social integration in their local community and any additional services needed.
It is highly desirable that you have prior experience of caring for service users living with mental health or challenging behaviour.
Do you know about Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay is an exclusive feature on the HealthForceGo® app allowing you to access your wages before payday! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What do I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.25/hr including holiday pay for HCA shifts and up to £13.48/hr including holiday pay for SW shifts
- Flexible full time and part time hours
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Training
Develop your skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering topics such as Safeguarding Adults, End of Life Care, Epilepsy Awareness, Dementia Care and many more!
You could also have the chance to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
Our Norwich team
You will find our Norwich branch at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. Our first branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across the wider area of Norfolk.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.