Care Assistant / Support Worker
Want to earn and learn in a friendly care team?
Newcross Healthcare is looking for Care Assistants and Support Workers to join their lovely team located in Norwich. You can find it at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
As a Newcross Health Carer you will offer assistance and care to our service users in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham and Brundall.
You will need to be caring and competent during the performance of your role, providing support to our clients in their daily activities so they can have an independent and happy life.
Our ideal candidates will have previous experience of caring for service users with mental health or challenging behaviour.
Flexi Pay! With this new feature you will decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Flexible vacancies! You'll have a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time hours. This will provide you with the security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage your work-life schedule.
Our Minimum Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £12.01/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- with our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
If this sounds good to you, apply now!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.