We are seeking healthcare professionals just like you to join the Newcross team!
Newcross Healthcare are hiring compassionate Care Assistants to join us in providing outstanding care and support to our users living in Taunton, Langport, Wellington, Ilminster, Somerton and the surrounding locations.
Your New Team
Join our branch who are based in Staplegrove Road, just a short distance from Taunton train station and also The Museum of Somerset.
Working for Newcross provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule. We have various shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, and within many different care environments.
As a Care Assistant, you could be responsible for:
- Assisting with person-centred daily tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with their progression and development
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience in a similar care role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Referee contacts to validate your clinical experience
- Access to a smart phone/device, with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Perks you will receive
- Salary of up to £13.84 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Flexi Pay - same day pay feature via our HealthForceGo app
- Perks at Work scheme with access to discounts from 80 UK shops
- Interview via video call - a more convenient and easier way to be interviewed
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Ongoing training programmes earned through credits as you work
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.