Become a carer with an exciting new team!
We have several flexible vacancies for dedicated Care Assistants to work full or part time hours in Tavistock, Callington, Launceston and the surrounding local towns.
Newcross provide all of our staff with a permanent contract, flexible hours, a variety of free training programs and Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature.
Our Care Assistants:
As a Newcross Carer, you will be providing expert care and support to our service users, promoting their well-being and empowering them to have the best quality of life in line with their care plan.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent clinical skills and the confidence to work with several different clients.
For Newcross it is essential that are employees have the possibility of grow in their career, this is why we provide clear career progression through over 200 training programmes.
You will be able to earn this courses through credits as you work, having the possibility of choosing between many subjects such as BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Basic Life Support and more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Our branch is based on the south Devon coast and allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
* Salary of up to £14.11/hr including holiday pay
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
* 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
* Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff.
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
* Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way