Become an invaluable member of our care team
Our friendly Shrewsbury branch are based in Global House within Shrewsbury Business Park
Newcross Healthcare are searching for compassionate Care Assistants to join us in delivering expert care and support to our service users living across Telford, Wellington, Bridgnorth, Shifnal, Much Wenlock and the surrounding local areas.
Why join Newcross?
Working at Newcross Healthcare provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager.
You will also be entitled to access our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Your New Position
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling our service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need to have access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets and manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Perks you will receive:
- Salary of up to £12.47 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your commitments
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Flexi Pay - same day pay feature via our HealthForceGo app
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Newcross will help in your career progression, offering over 200 training programmes to ensure that you always have the opportunity to evolve in your role, learn new skills and progress even further.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many others.
Begin your journey with us today!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Instead of having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home at your convenience.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.