Do you want to make a change to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users in Telford, Wellington, Bridgnorth, Shifnal, Much Wenlock and the surrounding areas.
Skills & Training opportunities
Working with Newcross will give you exclusive opportunities to develop your existing skill set with a variety of free training programs designed to enhance your career. They can be earned through credits as you work and cover topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
As a Care Assistant, you will provide assistance and support to our service users with various life-enhancing tasks. These will include personal care, clinical needs, social requirements and many more.
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our friendly team
Our local team is based at Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.