Providing excellent care will change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to provide excellent care to our service users in Newcastle, Gateshead, Tynemouth, Wallsend, Jarrow, Low Fell, Tyneside, Tyne and Wear and the surrounding areas.
At Newcross, we provide our staff with the flexibility of full time or part time hours enabling fit them around their existing schedule. Our staff is also provided with a minimum hours guarantee within their permanent contracts as we don't believe in 'zero hours'.
Additionally, we also have flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', that provides our healthcare staff unique access to 'same day pay' through our app HealthForceGo®
Your responsabilities will vary and will include: assisting service users with differing clinical needs, personal care and social activities.
You will also provide assitance with any other activities that will enable our service users to live as independently as possible.
The ideal candidate will be sympathetic, optimistic and prepared to take on the occasional challenge.
- Salary of up to £11.39/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Our Newcastle Team
Your local team is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
There are a choice of historic, cultural and contemporary attractions and places of interest for visitors to explore.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.