Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to provide care and support to our service users living in Washington, Birtley, Chester-le-Street and the surrounding areas.
- Flexible hours across weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shifts on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for caring and assisting our service users with a variety of life-enhancing tasks. These will include personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services required or needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
What could I learn?
Working with Newcross will give you exclusive access to a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering topics such as Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
You could also study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications in different levels and subjects.
Our local team is based in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.