Take advantage of flexible hours, an employee Perks scheme and our Flexi Pay app feature!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to provide care and support to our service users in Washington, Birtley, Chester-le-Street and the surrounding areas.
- Salary of up to £11.39/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will provide assistance to our service users with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other additional services needed.
Successful candidates will have access to training programs covering a range of topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) are available.
Our Flexi Pay feature enables our healthcare staff to decide when they want to be paid. They can simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of their shift on the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Our local team is based in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.