You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit reliable and professional Care Assistants to provide excellent care and support to our service users living in Colchester, Mersea Island, East Mersea and the surrounding local areas.
Your New Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Newcross carers do as much as they can to ensure the service user in their care is leading a full and happy life.
Skills and Development
This position will give you the opportunity to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care plus more.
- Salary of up to £11.78 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - access to 30,000 discounts at high street stores
With Newcross, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you and your commitments, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of an excellent work-life balance.
Additionally, we've launched a unique pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo® where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift on the very same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Our friendly Colchester branch are located in Crouch Street in the town centre. We short walk away from the train station and are close to the Natural History Museum and Colchester Castle.
Apply now to find out more!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.