As a caregiver, you have the power to change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are searching for experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users in Colchester, Mersea Island, East Mersea and the surrounding areas. Take advantage of a salary of up to £11.55/hr, ongoing training programmes, free uniform and DBS check.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
We are seeking healthcare professionals who will support our service users always with a person-centred focus, whilst encouraging the dignity and happiness of our service users.
Your local team is located in Britain's oldest recorded town, Colchester. We're a short walk from the local castle and Colchester Town train station, easily accessible from the surrounding areas.
As a Newcross worker you will have the opportunity of improving your skills with our free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. We have plenty of programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and Dementia Care.
What will you get?
- Salary of up to £13.57/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work, take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
- Benefit from our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Click the button to apply!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!