Care Assistant / Senior Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
We are recruiting Care Assistants & Senior Care Assistants to provide care across in Falkirk, Stirling, Plean, Airth and the surrounding areas of Stirlingshire
What will you be doing?
In a healthcare assistant role, you're likely to carry out a number of duties which might include:
* Assisting our service users with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene or dressing
* Promoting the well-being and quality of life of each patient you care for.
* Supporting our clients during their daily activities providing them with physical and mental stimulation.
Our successful candidates will have the opportunity to work additional shifts as a Senior Care Assistant if they have the qualifications needed.
What's more, with us you'll enjoy receiving a free DBS check, free uniform and pay rates up to £12.55 for HCA shifts and up to £17.56/hr for senior shifts
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Learn with us:
Newcross Healthcare offer a wide range of courses on over 100 different subjects to over 12000 staff. Join us and you will have the chance to study and progress in your career with us.
Some of these courses are: Speech, Signs and Symbols, Safeguarding Adults, End of Life Care and many more.
You will find your new branch in Falkirk City Centre, a short walk from Falkirk Grahamston Station, or a short drive from the only rotary canal connector in the world (Falkirk Wheel). We supply highly trained healthcare professionals to a range of establishments throughout West Lothian and Stirlingshire.
Our many benefits:
- Salary of up to £17.56/hr for senior shifts, or up to £12.55 for HCA shifts paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our service Flexi Pay allows you to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if you so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)