Looking for a new and exciting career in care?
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit talented Care Assistants to work in and around Barnsley and the surrounding local towns.
What to expect:
As a Newcross Carer, you will be providing outstanding care and support to our residents, promoting their well-being and encouraging them to have the life they wish to live in line with their care plan.
It is essential that you provide care and support to our service users their daily activities, these may include: personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Make the most of:
* Flexi Pay - This service will enable you to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Perks at Work - Our employee scheme will give you access to 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street shops.
* Free training programmes available - You will be able to earn these fantastic courses through credits as you work.
* Shifts to fit in around you - You will be able to choose full or part time hours for day or night shifts.
Which team will you join?
You will be part of the Sheffield Newcross branch which is located in St James House, Vicar Lane, close to the city centre.
This branch is in a prime location to provide the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
In return you will get:
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What do we ask for?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Join us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
You can do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.