Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
Do you want to develop your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Colwyn Bay, Denbigh, Prestatyn, Rhyl, Llandudno, Bangor, Anglesey, Caernarfon and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will make sure that our service users receive excellent care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. Tasks will vary but will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities, social integration within their local communities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
- Flexible full time and part time hours across a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will take advantage of a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering topics such as Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Further opportunities are available to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications.