Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
We are looking for people that want to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Colwyn Bay, Denbigh, Prestatyn, Rhyl, Llandudno, Bangor, Anglesey, Caernarfon and the surrounding towns.
We have additional opportunities available for applicants to work weekend shifts.
What will I do?
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you have the opportunity to change someone's life for the better!
You will ensure that our service users receive excellent care and support at all times in line with their existing personal care plans. Responsibilities vary but include personal care, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
Take advantage of our Flexi Pay app feature!
With Newcross, you have the opportunity to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays).
Why join our team?
- Flexible hours across weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available in high street retailers nationwide
What will I need to join?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexible full time and part time hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- 30,000 discounts available through our employee perks scheme
Develop your existing skill set with over 200 training courses earned through credits as you work.
Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, End of Life Care, PEG training and many more.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.