Based on the second floor of Broadway Court, the branch is a short walk from Peterborough train station.
You can make a positive change in someone's life
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to provide care and support to our service users in Corby, Oakham, Stamford and the surrounding areas.
- Flexible full time and part time hours to suit your ongoing needs!
Flexi Pay - This feature enables our staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Perks at Work - Enjoy 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Skills & Opportunities
At Newcross, we provide our staff with exclusive access to training programs covering a range of topics such as Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care and many more. These can be earned through credits as you work and are designed to allow you to develop your skill set.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our service users consistently receive high quality care in line with their personal care plans. You will aid with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other additional services required.
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay
- Perks at Work
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.