We are seeking Care Assistants to provide care and support to our service users in Corby, Spalding, Holbeach and the surrounding areas.
Why join us?
We provide our healthcare staff with access to flexible full time and part time hours, a Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts and our Flexi Pay feature which allows them to receive up to 50% of the value of their shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays).
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive excellent care and support at all times in line with their needs. These will include aiding with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will be able to develop their skill set and enhance their career with a wide range of free training programs of free training programs. These can be earned though credits as you work and include BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Basic Life Support and many more.
Additional opportunties are available for candidates to study towards a wide range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and topics.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our local Peterborough team is based on the second floor of Broadway Court, the branch is a short walk from Peterborough train station.