Take the next step in your career with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Crawley, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead, Haywards and the surrounding areas.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our service users receive constant care and support with a variety of important tasks. These could vary depending on the needs of our service users but will primarily include personal care activities, clinical needs, social activities and any other services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours across shifts throughout the week
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts within a variety of retailers
- Flexi Pay feature allowing you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.93/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Successful candidates will benefit from a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These will allow you to develop your skill set and will cover topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Epilepsy and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
You will be joining our Crawley branch team, located on Gatwick Road, a stone's throw from Gatwick Airport. We provide experienced, highly trained healthcare professionals to nursing and care establishments across West Sussex, from Haywards Heath to Horsham, Redhill, East Grinstead and everywhere in-between.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.