Make a difference to someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to care for our service users in Crawley, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead, Haywards and the surrounding areas.
Take advantage of flexible part time and full time hours across weekdays, nights and weekends to suit your ongoing commitments, a Flexi Pay feature and a Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts on the high street.
Our Flexi Pay app feature on the HealthForceGo® app allows you to decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Your caring role
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that our service users receive excellent care and support at all times. You will provide aid with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
- Salary of up to £12.68/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Opportunities
With Newcross, you will benefit from a variety of training programs earned through credits as you work. These will cover a range of topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Further opportunities are available to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
Our local team
You will be joining our Crawley branch team, located on Gatwick Road, a stone's throw from Gatwick Airport. We provide experienced, highly trained healthcare professionals to nursing and care establishments across West Sussex, from Haywards Heath to Horsham, Redhill, East Grinstead and everywhere in-between.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.