Do you want to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to care for our service users in Bangor, Anglesey, Caernarfon, Denbigh, Prestatyn, Rhyl, Colwyn Bay, Llandudno and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users with various needs and requirements in line with their personal care plans. You will be providing assistance with daily living activities, clinical needs, personal care, social activities and any additional services needed.
Why choose us?
- Flexible full time and part time hours across weekday, night and weekend shifts to suit you
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts across a variety of retailers
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Successful candidates will have a chance to develop their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Staff will also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.