Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Newcross Healthcare are searching experienced Care Assistants to provide care and support for our users living across Bangor, Anglesey, Caernarfon, Denbigh, Prestatyn, Rhyl, Colwyn Bay, Llandudno and the surrounding areas.
What to expect:
Newcross Care Assistants are responsible for providing care and support to our service users with a range of life-enhancing tasks. Some of those activities will include washing, personal hygiene or dressing.
You will also be participating in cleaning activities which may include making beds or tidying communal rooms.
Develop your skill set with us!
Additional opportunities are available to study a free range of training courses which you could earn through credits as you work.
These will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
In return you will get:
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexible full time and part time hours across weekday, night and weekend shifts to suit you
What can we offer you?
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts in various nationwide retailers
Our fantastic Flexi Pay feature, which allows you to access up to 50% of your pay the same day as you complete a shift, even on bank holidays and weekends!
Colwyn Bay team
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
What happens after you apply?
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Begin your journey with us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.