Do you want to make a positive change to someone's difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to care for our service users in Denbigh, Rhyl, Prestatyn, St Asaph and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will make sure that our service users receive constant care and support in line with their personal care plans. You will be assisting with daily living activities, personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any other services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours across a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts to suit your needs
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Flexi Pay app feature enabling you to have access to an advance of 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Skills & Opportunities
Working with us will give you the chance to develop your skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, BSL or Makaton and many more.
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.