Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
Make a change to someone's life today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to provide care to our service users in Denbigh, Rhyl, Prestatyn, St Asaph and the surrounding areas.
Skills & Opportunities
Have the opportunity to develop your skill set with our free training programs earned through credits as you work! Topics covered include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Further opportunities to study towards a range of NVQ/SVQ in various levels and subjects are available.
What will I do?
You will be required to provide professional care and support to our service users with a number of important tasks including personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Working with Newcross will also ensure that you have access to flexible full time and part time hours, our employee 'Perks at Work' scheme with 30,000 discounts and our exclusive Flexi Pay app feature.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay enables our healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I need?
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.