Do you want to broaden your skill set whilst helping others?
Newcross Healthcare are looking for dedicated Care Assistants to offer excellent care and support to our service users in Derby, Burton-Upon-Trent, Matlock and the surrounding areas.
What we are looking for?
Our ideal candidate will be able to deliver outstanding assistance to our service users with their day-to-day activities whilst providing them with companionship and support.
You will need to be a caring healthcare worker who upholds our ethos of providing excellent care.
Newcross offer our employees over 200 training programmes to ensure they have the opportunity to expand their skill set and progress in their career journey with us.
You could choose between Speech, Signs and Symbols, Safeguarding Adults and End of Life Care and many more!
Your local branch is located in the city of Nottingham, home to the legend of Robin Hood. We are based at 2 King Street which is just a short walk from Nottingham train station.
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our unique 'same day pay' service will allow you to control when you work and when you get paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Click the button to Apply
Once you have submitted your application and a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!