Do you have a passion for care?
Newcross Healthcare are searching for experienced Care Assistants to deliver outstanding care and support to our service users within Edinburgh, Kirkliston, Musselburgh, Longniddry, Garvald, Bruntsfield, Leith, Stockbridge, Costorphine, Liberton and the surrounding local areas.
Your Local Team
Our friendly Edinburgh branch are based in New Mart Place, close to Slateford train station.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Providing everyday care to clients
- Focusing on personal hygiene, mental stimulation and general well-being
- Managing clients' care logs and medical requirements
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
We are looking for dedicated and compassionate healthcare professionals who will uphold our caring philosophy, always with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
- Salary of up to £12.37 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
This role will also give you great opportunities to develop your skill set with a variety of training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
Same day pay:
You'll also benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on bank holidays and weekends!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a similar care role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Click the button to Apply
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.