Providing outstanding care is a rewarding experience
Newcross Healthcare are looking for experienced and dedicated Care Assistants to join our Edinburgh team to provide outstanding care to our service users living in Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh, Gullane, North Berwick, Longniddry, Garvald and the surroundings.
As a Care Assistant, your responsibilities will include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services.
It is important that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each service user that you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
If this sounds like you, then apply today!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier - so rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Salary of up to £12.37 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and team leader
This role will give you great opportunities to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
You can also choose to work full or part time hours to fit in with your schedule, providing a healthy work-life balance.
Additionally, you can take advantage of up to 50% of the value of your completed shift on the same day with our Flexi Pay feature via our app HealthForceGo®
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a similar care environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a Smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our Edinburgh Branch
The team are situated in New Mart Place, close to Slateford railway station.
Did you know? Edinburgh is the greenest city in the UK, and home to 112 parks!
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.