Make a difference to someone's life today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to provide to our service users in Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh, Gullane, North Berwick, Longniddry, Garvald and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive continued assistance and support with their daily tasks. These will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Our Edinburgh Team
Our local team is based at the Quadrant, New Mart Place.
We offer job opportunities from areas as far south as West Linton, to Haddington in the East and as far up as North Berwick.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.13/hr including holiday pay
- Perks at Work - Enjoy our 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay! Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our training programs will allow you to develop your skill set and enhance your career. They can be earned through credits as you work and cover a range of topics including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ in various levels and subjects.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Join us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.