Take the next step in your career with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Horsham, Billingshurst and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing care and support to our service users with a variety of important tasks. These will vary but will include personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required or needed.
- Salary of up to £12.93/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our Crawley Team
Our local team is based at Gatwick Road, a stone's throw from Gatwick Airport. We provide experienced, highly trained healthcare professionals to nursing and care establishments across West Sussex, from Haywards Heath to Horsham, Redhill, East Grinstead and everywhere in-between.
- Flexible full time and part time hours in various weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Employee perks scheme with access to 30,000 discounts in retailers worldwide
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
Skills & Development
Working with Newcross will enable you to develop your skill set through a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will vary but will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton and many more.
You could also have a chance to study towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.