Change someone's life today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to provide care and support to our service users in Horsham, Billingshurst and the surrounding areas.
Working with us will give you the flexibility to choose the hours that suit you across weekdays, nights and weekends. We will also provide you with exclusive access to our Flexi Pay feature and our Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts.
Our Crawley Team
Our local team is based at Gatwick Road, a stone's throw from Gatwick Airport. We provide experienced, highly trained healthcare professionals to nursing and care establishments across West Sussex, from Haywards Heath to Horsham, Redhill, East Grinstead and everywhere in-between.
What will I do?
You will be required to provide care and support to our service users with a range of tasks designed to enable our service users to live as independently as possible. These will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other services required.
What will I get?
- Salary of up to £12.68/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible full and part time hours available
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay! Have the option to be paid an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Development
With us, you will have access to a wide range of training programs covering a range of topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more. These are designed to broaden your skill set and can be earned through credits as you work.
Additional opportunities to study towards a range of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects are available.
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.