Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Our friendly branch are based in Duncan Close, less than a 10 minute walk from the University of Northampton
Newcross Healthcare are searching for seasoned Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users in Kettering and within the local surroundings.
At Newcross Healthcare, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of a healthy work-life balance.
We also provide some great opportunities to help you develop your skill set with over 200 free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with their development
- Build strong relationships with service users, family members and encourage new friendships
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care Assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota and submit your timesheets via our app HealthForceGo®
- Salary of up to £12.74/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
You will also be able to access our new FlexiPay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Just submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day.
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.