Newcross Healthcare is looking to expand our team of healthcare professionals and you could be next to join us!
Our Peterborough branch are based in Broadway Court, near to Peterborough museum and train station
Newcross Healthcare are searching for seasoned Care Assistants to join our team in delivering high quality care for our service users in King's Lynn, Wisbech, Heacham, Hunstanton, Downham Market and the surroundings.
Why join Newcross?
It is important for us to provide stability, which is why we don't believe in 'zero hours' contracts. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
We have various shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, and within various different care environments.
We now also provide our healthcare staff with access to up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day with our exciting Flexi Pay scheme via our HealthForceGo® app.
Care Assistant Role
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling our service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those in your care.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £12.47 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Your Development at Newcross
This role will give you great opportunities to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many more.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage and submit your timesheets on our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Apply now to find out more!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.