Are you looking to develop your career?
We are seeking Care Assistants to care for our service users in King's Lynn, Wisbech, Heacham, Hunstanton, Downham Market and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will assist our service users with a wide variety of life-enhancing tasks. These will vary and will include personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay - you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Working with us will enable you to take advantage of flexible full time and part time hours, a Flexi Pay app feature and an employee Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts.
Skills & Training opportunities
With Newcross, you will have opportunities to develop and expand your skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics vary but will include Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards various National vocational qualifications in various levels and subjects.
Your local Peterborough branch is based on the second floor of Broadway Court, just a short walk from Peterborough train station.
The northern parts of Cambridgeshire remained for centuries almost completely cut off by fen and water and developed their own unique way of life.