Your local Peterborough branch is based on the second floor of Broadway Court, just a short walk from Peterborough train station.
The northern parts of Cambridgeshire remained for centuries almost completely cut off by fen and water and developed their own unique way of life.
We are seeking Care Assistants to care for our service users in King's Lynn, Wisbech, Heacham, Hunstanton, Spalding and the surrounding areas.
Working with Newcross will give you unprecendented access to flexible full time and part time hours, a permanent contract with a minimum hours guarantee, a Perks at Work scheme and our Flexi Pay feature.
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that service users receive excellent care and support with various tasks. These will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other additional services required.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay - you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.