Broaden your skill set with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Littlehampton, Arundel, Angmering and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for caring for elderly or disabled service users and will enable them to live as independently as possible. Tasks that you will assist with include personal care, daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
Why join our team?
- Flexible hours to suit your ongoing needs and requirements
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Flexi Pay app feature allowing you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Located in the South-East of England, Newcross Healthcare's Chichester branch is based on South Street near Chichester Cathedral and not far from Chichester train station.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics vary but will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.