Are you planning the next step in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is currently recruiting for experienced Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users within Littlehampton, Arundel, Angmering and the local surroundings.
Our Chichester branch is based at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from Chichester Cathedral and the centre.
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks may include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
Newcross Key Features
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
We also offer all of our staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and your commitments.
Additionally, we've launched a unique pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and get paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day - even on weekends and bank holidays.
Training and Development
This role will also give you great opportunities to develop your skill set with a variety of training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
What you'll need to succeed in the role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way