Develop your career with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Livingston, Linlithgow and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users with various important tasks. These will include personal care, daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Skills & Opportunities
Working with Newcross will give you exclusive access to a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics vary but will include Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and more.
You could study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in different levels and subjects.
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - This scheme allows you to access 30,000 discounts in various retailers
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay! This innovative app feature will allow you to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our friendly team
Your local branch is based in Falkirk City Centre, a short walk from Falkirk Grahamston Station, or a short drive from the only rotary canal connector in the world (Falkirk Wheel). We supply highly trained healthcare professionals to a range of establishments throughout West Lothian and Stirlingshire.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.