We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced and dedicated Care Assistants to join our expanding team in delivering high-quality care and support to our service users across Ludlow, Craven Arms and the surrounding locations.
We pride ourselves on being flexible with our valued team members, so we offer all of our healthcare staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and your commitments.
As a Care Assistant, your tasks may include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling our service users to live their daily lives as they wish.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and the other residents.
Our ideal applicant will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care Assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What we require from you:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working within a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all previous employment within the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need to have access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later) with internet access to manage your rota and submit your timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
What you will receive:
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips easily
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated team leader
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts across various retailers
You'll also be able to benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on weekends and bank holidays.
Learning and Development
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our staff always have the opportunity to develop their skills in their field.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
Our friendly Shrewsbury branch are based in Global House within Shrewsbury Business Park, which is easily accessible by car and bus.
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.