Newcross Healthcare Shrewsbury is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
Do you want to make a positive difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Ludlow, Craven Arms and the surrounding areas of Shropshire.
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Free ongoing training and development
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated team leader
- Flexi Pay feature giving you access to up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Care Assistant, you will make sure that our service users receive care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. Tasks will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Skills & Development
Working with Newcross, will give you exclusive access to a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work covering various topics. These will include Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.