Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
We actively seeking Care Assistants to join our team in Nottingham and care for our service users across Long Eaton, Ilkeston, Nottingham city centre, Gamston, Wollaton, Heanor, Arnold, Bingham, Southwell and the surrounding areas of Nottingham.
Our successful candidates will join our branch based in Nottingham which is home to the legend of Robin Hood. You will be able to find us at 2 King Street which is just a short walk from Nottingham train station.
What you'll do
In this role you will be responsible for promoting the independence of our service users, enabling them to have more fulfilling lives and protecting their dignity.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
This fantastic app feautre allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative HealthForceGo® app. Simply digitally sign, verify your timesheets and receive up to 50% of the value of your shift that same day!
Free ongoing training
Newcross employees have the opportunity to study a comprehensive range of free training programmes that allow them to broaden their skill set and evolve in their caring role.
They can choose between a range of topics including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts at your fingertips!
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now to find out more!
Once you have submitted your application and a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.