Personal Care Assistant - Female
Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Newcross Healthcare are currently searching for Personal Care Assistants to deliver care and support for a female resident living with additional care needs in an LD establishment across Swadlincote, Coalville, Burton, Long Eaton, Castle Donnington and the surrounding areas of South Derbyshire.
What's the role?
As a Personal Care Assistant you will be responsible for helping our users with daily tasks such as dressing, washing and toileting.
Our ideal candidate will play an essential role in allowing our patients to live independent, dignified and happy lives.
Shifts vary, but will include 12 hour day shifts (7am to 7pm) and 12 hour night shifts (7pm to 7am).
Our Nottingham branch is located in the city of Nottingham, home to the legend of Robin Hood. We are based at 2 King Street which is just a short walk from Nottingham train station.
Learn with us:
Working with Newcross you will have the chance to study free training courses that will allow you to improve your skills and progress in your career. These courses include: Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and many more.
You'll benefit from:
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Take advantage of:
* Flexi Pay - Our amazing feature will give you access to 'same day pay' via our innovative HealthForceGo® app. Simply digitally sign, verify your timesheets and receive up to 50% of the value of your shift that same day!
* Perks at Work - An employee benefit scheme offering over 30,000 discounts at 80 high street stores
You will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
How can you join us?
Click apply and once you have submitted your application a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.