Personal Care Assistant - Female
Your new team will be located in the city of Nottingham, home to the legend of Robin Hood. We are based at 2 King Street which is just a short walk from Nottingham train station.
Do you want to make a positive difference in someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Personal Care Assistants to care for a female resident living with additional care needs in an LD establishment in Swadlincote, Coalville, Burton, Long Eaton, Castle Donnington and the surrounding areas of South Derbyshire.
- Salary of up to £10.50/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will ensure that our service user with additional care needs receives constant care and support at all times. It is essential that you will provide assistance with a range of tasks including personal care, meal preparation, social activities and any other activities required.
It is highly desirable that you have previous experience of providing care to our service users with additional care needs.
Shifts vary, but will include 12 hour day shifts (7am to 7pm) and 12 hour night shifts (7pm to 7am).
Our innovative Flexi Pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app allows you to submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Develop your skill set with us!
Working with Newcross, will give you opportunities to broaden your skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work.
Topics vary but will include Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.